Diplomatic Visas | Foreign Government Officials | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

A-1 or A-2 Visas

The A-1 or A-2 visa is for diplomats and officials from foreign countries. These visa holders work on behalf of their governments in an official capacity.

Please contact our office for a review of your case and more information.

How do you qualify for an A-1 Visa?

An A-1 visa is for a government’s head of state regardless of the purpose for the visit. In addition, foreign ambassadors and cabinet members are eligible for the A-1 visa in pursuit of official activities. 

The spouse and children of an A-1 visa holder are also entitled to a visa.

How do you qualify for an A-2 Visa?

If you are a full-time government employee working at an embassy in the United States, then you may qualify for an A-2 visa. In addition, individuals serving in the military of a foreign country and stationed in the United States, either at a U.S. base or at an embassy are eligible.

The spouse and children of an A-2 visa holder are also entitled to a visa.

What is a G-1 Visa?

A G visa is for individuals arriving in the United States to attend a conference sponsored by international organizations, such as the United Nations or World Bank. The G-1 is a diplomatic nonimmigrant visa for the principal representative of a foreign government at a United Nations Organization or an International Mission.

What is a G-2 Visa?

The G-2 visa is for diplomatic nonimmigrants who are accredited representatives of recognized foreign governments at a United Nations Organization or an International Mission.

What is a G-3 Visa?

A diplomatic nonimmigrant visa is for the representatives of unrecognized foreign governments at a United Nations Organization or an International Mission.

What is a G-4 Visa?

The G-4 visa is for employees of International Organizations such as The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.

What is a G-5 Visa?

This is a nonimmigrant visa for admission into the United States by attendants, servants, au pairs or personal employees of principal G visa holders.  A G-5 visa is valid for three years.

Will my family also be granted admission to the United States?

The spouse and children of a diplomatic A visa holder may receive a visa. There are some exceptions so please contact us for more information to see if you are eligible.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a diplomatic A visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining permanent residency, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration lawyer can also assist your business immigration issues by fully evaluating your case before applying for the appropriate visa. 

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.

Consular Processing

United States consulates and embassies throughout the world process both immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications. An immigrant visa qualifies an applicant for Permanent Residency. A non-immigrant visa is for applicants who want to reside temporarily here for employment or other limited purpose. For example, treaty traders or investors, students, visitors, temporary professionals, exchange visitors, and fiancés of U.S. citizens

Our firm has extensive experience in representing individuals interested in any of these visas.

Call us to obtain more information.