Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas
Our firm provides the E-2 investor with the professional guidance required to qualify. One of the benefits of this visa is that an E-2 investor’s spouse and young children are eligible as well. A non-immigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency.
What is the E-2 Nonimmigrant Visa?
The E-2 visa is granted to a foreign investor starting a business in the United States. However, the E-2 visa is dependent upon a treaty with another country. As such, it is only available to citizens of approximately 80 countries.
Contact us for more information regarding a country’s eligibility regarding an E-2 visa. In some cases, you may be able to obtain a second citizenship in another country which can then be used to obtain an E-2 visa.
Our global immigration law firm is prepared to represent you if you are interested in starting a business or invest in the United States.
What are the qualifications for the E-2 visa?
- Citizenship in an E-2 treaty country with the U.S.
- Ownership of at least 50% of the E-2 investment business
- You must be actively involved in the direction and development of the business
- You must make a substantial investment in the United States
- You must be in control of your investment funds
Family of E-2 Treaty Investors
Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany treaty traders. Employment authorization for spouses of E-2 workers require the filing of Form I-765. Generally, dependent children are not authorized to work.
Whether you are interested in the E-2 Treaty Investor visa or something else, you can count on our experience and dedication.
Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.
With our immigration law firm on your side, your business or organization will have a business immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us at 202-330-6290 for a free initial consultation about the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa.
Our firm has the experience to guide clients through the vast and sometimes complicated web of challenges found in many cases. As Global Business Immigration Lawyers, we represent those in business, academia and science from around the world on immigration matters.
- H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa
- H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers
- H-2B Nonagricultural Temporary Workers
- H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee
- P-1A Internationally Recognized Athlete
- P-1B Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
- P-2 Performer under Reciprocal Exchange Program
- P-3 Artist Culturally Unique Program
- EB-1A Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1B Outstanding Professor
- EB-1C Multinational Manager or Executive
- EB-5 Investor