Family Immigration Alexandria Law Firm

Family Reunification

Our family immigration law firm helps families come together in the United States with visas, permanent residency, deferred action and citizenship. We can help also address concerns you may have about asylum, refugees and deportation defense. If you have questions about marriage visas, fiancé visas, adjustment of status or waivers, we are here for you. 

Contact us to schedule a consultation.

You can sponsor a family member who has applied for Legal Permanent Residency if you are a:

  • U.S. citizen petitioning for your spouse and any child regardless of age
  • U.S. citizen over the age of 21 petitioning for your brothers and sisters
  • U.S. citizen over the age of 21 petitioning for your parents
  • Green Card holder petitioning for your spouse and unmarried children regardless of age
  • Recent widow or widower of a U.S. citizen
  • Stepchild of a U.S. citizen provided that marriage in question occurred before you were 18
  • Stepparent of U.S. citizen provided that marriage in question occurred before the U.S. citizen’s 18th birthday

Can I obtain a Green Card through marriage to a U.S. citizen

The government does not limit the number of green cards based upon marriage.  It is a popular method by which a foreign individual can immigrate to the United States.  The couple must be legally married and the petitioning spouse must prove that he or she is able to financially support the beneficiary of the marriage green card. Contact us for help to accurately complete the form I-130 and more information about family marriage visas.

Can I get a Green Card as the spouse of a Permanent Resident?

The government imposes an annual limit on the number of marriage visas it will issue to spouses of Legal Permanent Residents. It can take between a few months and several years for the process to be complete.

What is the K3 Visa?

This visa permits a foreign spouse to enter the United States on a temporary basis while the Adjustment of Status process is pending. This way the foreign spouse can remain in the United States. Under certain circumstances, the foreign spouse may obtain employment authorization.

Total Dedication

Regardless of your immigration concern, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have a family immigration lawyer directly available to you.

You may click on the CONTACT US button located near the top of this page to schedule a consultation. We will respond promptly to your requests.