L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency.

The L-1A nonimmigrant visa allows an employer in the United States to bring or transfer an executive or manager to the United States. The L-1A nonimmigrant visa also gives a foreign company the opportunity to send an executive or manager to the United States. The latter is done when a foreign company establishes a location within the United States.

What are the qualifications of the employer for the L-1A classification?

  • The employer must be associated with a foreign company as a branch, subsidiary or parent organization
  • The employer must be operating in the United States (or expected to be) and also in another country for the time period in question

What are the qualifications of the employee for the L-1 A classification?

  • The employee must have worked for the employer in a foreign country for one continuous year within the last three years that precede admission to the United States
  • The employee must be entering the United States to work as an executive or manager

When does the L-1A visa expire?

An employee who is establishing a new office may remain in the United States for one year. All other employees may stay up to three years. Extensions of stay, if granted, are for up to two years per extension. However, the maximum period is seven years.

Family of L-1A Visa Holders

The spouse of the holder of an L-1A Nonimmigrant Visa for Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager and children under the age of 21 may be eligible to apply for an L-2 nonimmigrant visa. Spouses of L-1 workers may also petition for work authorization.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for L-1A Nonimmigrant Visa for Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining permanent residency, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration lawyer can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a student visa, a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.