Washington DC Marriage Immigration Law Firm

Our firm helps reunite persons interested in marriage and in need of either a fiancé visa, adjustment of status, legal permanent residency or a marriage visa.   

For more information and a free initial consultation, reach out to us at 202-330-6290 or info@serranolegal.com.

Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen

The government does not limit the number of green cards based upon marriage.  It is a popular method by which a foreign individual can immigrate to the United States.  The couple must be legally married and the petitioning spouse must prove that he or she is able to financially support the beneficiary of the marriage green card. Contact us for help to accurately complete the form I-130 and more information about family marriage visas.

Permanent Residency through Marriage Adjustment of Status

If the immigrant spouse is currently living in the United States, he or she may be allowed to complete the application process without having to leave the country via the process of Adjustment of Status (AOS). We can determine if you qualify for this and complete the form I-485 for your Adjustment of Status.

Permanent Residency for the Spouse of a LPR

The government imposes an annual limit on the number of marriage visas it will issue to spouses of Legal Permanent Residents. It can take between a few months and several years for the process to be complete.

We are available to answer any questions you may have about family marriage visas..  You should know that if the green card holder obtains citizenship before the marriage visa is approved, then he or she may to convert the case to that of an immediate relative.

Contact us for a free initial consultation.  You may reach us at 202-330-6290 or info@serranolegal.com.

K3 Visa: Spouse of a United States Citizen

This visa permits a foreign spouse to enter the United States on a temporary basis while the Adjustment of Status process is pending. This way the foreign spouse can remain in the United States. Under certain circumstances, the foreign spouse may obtain employment authorization.



  • E-3 Specialty Occupation from Australia
  • H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Nonagricultural Temporary Workers
  • H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee
  • I Representatives of Foreign Media
  • L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
  • L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability
  • P-1A Internationally Recognized Athlete
  • P-1B Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
  • P-2 Performer under Reciprocal Exchange Program
  • P-3 Artist Culturally Unique Program
  • Q Cultural Exchange
  • R-1 Temporary Religious Workers

IMMIGRANT VISAS: Permanent Residence Via Employment

  • EB-4


  • J-1


  • B-1


  • F-1
  • M-1