Temporary Work Visas | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Employment Nonimmigrant Visas

A nonimmigrant work visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. It is offered to those in business, science and academia for limited purposes. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency.

We can also help your business with immigration concerns. Whether the business is a multinational corporation, a non-profit or a small or medium-sized business, we can provide the guidance needed to navigate the complex world of U.S. immigration law.

What are some examples of nonimmigrant work visas?

Our immigration law firm has extensive experience in evaluating your case to come up with your best option. We handle many types of nonimmigrant work visas. For example, the E-1 visa for international trade and the E-2 for investors and essential workers. The E-2 visa is based upon the nationality of the business owner with majority ownership.

We can also analyze your case to see if you qualify for an H-1B or an L-1A or L-1B. The L-1B nonimmigrant visa allows an employer in the United States to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge. A foreign company may also send an employee to the United States to establish an office here. 

There are many other types of temporary nonimmigrant visas. Please see the list on the right hand margin of this page and click on the links for much more additional information.

Can I get Permanent Residency with a temporary nonimmigrant work visa?

Generally, a nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States and you must leave the country when your visa expires. However, there are some circumstances where you may not have to leave the United States. For example, you may be otherwise eligible to apply for Legal Permanent Residency. Under these circumstances, you may remain in the United States pending review of your application. Please contact us for more information.

Can my family come with me to the United States?

The spouse of the holder of a temporary nonimmigrant work visa, and children under the age of 21, may also be eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant visa. Depending on the type of nonimmigrant work visa you have, your spouse may also petition for work authorization. Contact us for more information.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a temporary nonimmigrant work visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining permanent residency, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration lawyer can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a student visa, a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.

Our practice provides employment immigration services for businesses that want to hire employees from other countries. To comply with the I-9 requirements, we obtain labor certifications for foreign national employees. We are experienced in representing businesses throughout the immigration universe. Contact us to obtain more information.