O-1 Extraordinary Ability Temporary Work Visas | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency. The O-1 extraordinary ability visa is reserved for those that have achieved significant distinction in their careers.

The O-1A visa is offered to workers with extraordinary ability or special achievement. Generally, this visa is for persons in science, art, education, business, or athletics. 

The O-1B visa is for those who have achieved extraordinary success in motion pictures or television.

The O-2 visa is available to individuals who accompany an O-1 artist or athlete for the purpose of assisting in a specific event or performance.

The O-3 visa is reserved for the spouse and children of an O-1 or O-2 visa holder.

What are the qualifications for the O-1 classification?

An applicant for the O-1 visa must be coming temporarily to the United States to work in the same area that has earned them national or international acclaim.

The individual may also prove this with extraordinary achievement in the motion picture and television industry.

What are the qualifications for the O-2 visa?

In order to receive an O-2 visa, you must prove to be an “integral part” of the O-1A visa holder’s performance. In addition, a U.S. worker could not easily perform the duties.

Please contact us to request that a comprehensive review of your case to see if you qualify for the O-1 or O-2 visa.

When does the O-1 visa expire?

An O-1 visa is good for up to three years. This may be extended up to one additional year. Please contact us for more information, including specific requirements and a discussion on the required documentation that must be submitted.

Family of O-1 or O-2 Visa Holders

The spouse of the holder of an O-1 or O-2 Nonimmigrant Visa and children under the age of 21 may qualify for an O-3 nonimmigrant visa. Although they may not receive employment authorization, pursuing educational goals is an option.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for an O-1 or O-2 Nonimmigrant Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining permanent residency, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, deportation defense and asylum. We can also assist by obtaining an H-1B visa, a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a student visa, and a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1).

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

Please contact us to schedule a consultation.