P-1A Athletic Performance Temporary Visas | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency.

The P-1A visa is reserved for athletes entering the United States to participate in a competition.

What are the qualifications for the P-1A classification?

To qualify for the P-1A temporary nonimmgrant work visa, you must be entering the United States only to perform at a specific athletic competition.

The P-1A visa is reserved for an individual athlete that has achieved international recogniton.

It is also granted to athletes who are members of a team with international recogniton.

Professional athletes may also be eligible for the P-1A visa.

Finally, also eligible is an athlete or a coach from a foreign sports league or association that is connected to a United States franchise.

What about support personnel?

Coaches, scouts, trainers, broadcasters, referees, linesmen, umpires, and interpreters are eligible for P-1S temporary nonimmigrant work visa. They must be considered to be an  integral part of the athletic performance of a P-1A nonimmigrant visa holder.  In addition, the duties they perform must be those that could not easily be performed by a U.S. worker.

Family of P-1A Visa Holders

The spouse and children under 21 of a P-1A Athletic Performance visa holder may enter the United States with a P-4 visa. However, they are not entitled to work authorization. They may instead pursue educational goals. 

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a P-1A Athletic Performance Nonimmigrant Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

We can assist you with obtaining a green card, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration law firm can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.