P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Program Performance Visa | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you apply for Legal Permanent Residency.

The P-2 artist visa is available to performers either as individuals or as part of a group. The performance must be pursuant to a reciprocal exchange program between a group in the United States and one located abroad.

What are the qualifications for the P-2 classification?

To qualify for the P-2 artist visa, the U.S. must recognize the reciprocal exchange program. There are five P-2 reciprocal exchange agreements currently in place:

  • The American Federation of Musicians (U.S.) and the American Federation of Musicians (Canada)
  • Actor’s Equity Association (U.S.) and the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
  • Actor’s Equity Association (U.S.) and the British Actors’ Equity Association
  • The International Council of Air Shows and the Canadian Air Show Association
  • The Alliance of Canadian Cinema Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) and the Screen Actor Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA).

It is possible to apply for the P-2 artist visa by using a new reciprocal agreement. However, the new reciprocal exchange agreement must be approved by USCIS.

Please contact us our office for much more information about qualifications and necessary documentation which must be provided along with a petition for the visa.

What about support personnel?

Trainers, stagehands, front office personnel, camera operators, lighting technicians and stage personnel are eligible for a P-2 temporary nonimmigrant work visa. They must be an integral part of the performance of a P-2 artist nonimmigrant visa holder. In addition, the duties they perform must be those that could not easily be performed by a U.S. worker.

A Form I-129 must be submitted for support personnel.

Family of P-2 Visa Holders

The spouse and children under 21 of a P-2 visa holder may enter the United States with a P-4 visa. However, they are not entitled to work authorization. They may instead pursue educational goals.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Program Performance Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

We can assist you with obtaining a green card, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration law firm can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.