P-3 Artist Visa | Entertainer | Culturally Unique Program | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant P-3 artist visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you apply for Legal Permanent Residency.

The P-3 classification is for those who are participating in a unique cultural experience.  If you are an artist that will be performing or teaching other artists and performers, then you may qualify for this visa. Please contact us for more information.

What are the qualifications for the P-3 classification?

To qualify for the P-3 artist visa, you must be arriving here to participate in a cultural event to promote or develop your art. This may involve the interpretation or teaching of your art as well. Individuals may apply for the P-3 artist visa as an individual or part of a group.

Please contact us our office for much more information about qualifications and necessary documentation which must be provided along with a petition for the visa. 

What about support personnel?

Trainers, coaches, scouts, other team officials and referees are eligible for a P-3 temporary nonimmigrant work visa. They must be an integral part of the performance of a P-3 artist nonimmigrant visa holder. In addition, the duties they perform must be those that a U.S. could not easily perform.

A Form I-129 is required for support personnel.

When does the P-3 visa expire?

A P-3 visa is good for one year or less if the time required to complete the artistic performance is shorter. The visa may be extended up to one additional year. Please contact us for more information, including specific requirements and a discussion on the required documentation that must be submitted.

Family of P-3 Visa Holders

The spouse and children under 21 of a P-3 visa holder may enter the United States with a P-4 visa. However, they are not entitled to work authorization. They may instead pursue educational goals.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a P-3 Artist or Entertainer Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining a green card, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration law firm can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.