Q Cultural Exchange Visa | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you apply for Legal Permanent Residency.

The Q Cultural Exchange Visa is afforded to participants in an international cultural exchange program. The program must be designed to share the history, culture, and traditions of another country. The cultural exchange program must be approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

What are the qualifications for the Q classification?

The Q temporary nonimmigrant work visa is aimed at the promotion of international cultures. To qualify, an employer who administers cultural exchange programs would petition on behalf of a Q nonimmigrant. The employer files a Form I-129 on behalf of the nonimmigrant.

Please contact us our office for much more information about qualifications and necessary documentation which must be provided along with a petition for the visa.

When does the Q visa expire?

The Q visa is good for fifteen months. Once the cultural exchange program has been completed, you must leave the United States within 30 days. Before re-entering the United States, you must wait 1 year before re-applying for a visa.

Family of Q Visa Holders

The Q nonimmigrant visa does not include an option for family members to accompany the visa holder. A spouse or children under 21 must qualify for a separate visa.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a Q Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining a green card, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration law firm can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Nonagricultural Workers Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1) and others.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.