R-1 Religious Workers Visa | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A nonimmigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you apply for Legal Permanent Residency.

The R-1 Religious Workers Visa is afforded to participants with employment in a bona fide nonprofit religious organization as a minister or in a religious occupation.

What are the qualifications for the R-1 classification?

The R-1 temporary nonimmigrant work visa is geared towards an individual to work at least part time as a minister or in a religious vocation. Generally, the work is performed for a non-profit religious organization. Applicants must be a member of a religious denomination organized as a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for a minimum of two years prior to the submission of a petition for entry.

Please contact us our office for much more information about qualifications and necessary documentation which must be provided along with a petition for the visa.

When does the R-1 visa expire?

The R-1 visa is good for 30 months. Extensions may be granted up to an additional 30 months. The maximum period of stay is five years or 60 months.

Family of R-1 Visa Holders

The spouse and children under 21 of the visa holder may enter the United States with a R-2 visa. However, they are not entitled to work authorization.

Total Dedication

Whether your immigration concern is for a R-1 Visa or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining a green card, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, deportation defense and asylum. An immigration law firm can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining other types of visas. For example, the H-1B, the H-2B, or a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1).

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you. Contact us to schedule a consultation.