Washington DC Immigration Refugee Law Firm
When someone seeks refuge in the United States, they expect that the government will protect them from danger if they were to return home. Our office can help to guide you through the USCIS process to seek asylum. Political asylum is also afforded to individuals already in the United States and unable to return to home due to persecution. Refugees could demonstrate a fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.
Upon obtaining asylum, an individual is then usually able to apply for an adjustment of status to Legal Permanent Residency.
You may contact our law firm for additional information regarding refugees. It is important to work with an experienced attorney because sometimes individuals are permanently barred from seeking adjustment of status, cancellation of removal or voluntary departure if the immigration judge finds that a refugee application was frivolous.
For additional information, please visit our page on ASYLUM.
Regardless of your immigration concern, you can count on our experience and dedication.
Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.
- E-3 Specialty Occupation from Australia
- H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers
- H-2B Nonagricultural Temporary Workers
- H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee
- I Representatives of Foreign Media
- L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
- L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability
- P-1A Internationally Recognized Athlete
- P-1B Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
- P-2 Performer under Reciprocal Exchange Program
- P-3 Artist Culturally Unique Program
- Q Cultural Exchange
- R-1 Temporary Religious Workers