Immigration removal and deportation occurs when the government seeks to remove a foreign individual from the United States. This used to be referred to as deportation but now is called removal.
Our law firm will represent you upon receipt of a Notice to Appear. This notice is issued by the government when it seeks to initiate removal proceedings against someone.
You have the right to an attorney to defend your rights to stay in the United States.
Please contact us if you have received a Notice to Appear. We may be able to provide you with information regarding the possibility of a bond for temporary release. We offer a free initial consultation.
What are some common defenses used in removal proceedings?
- Cancellation of removal
- Asylum based upon the Convention Against Torture
- Vacating criminal convictions
- Permanent Resident (green card) or visa application under certain circumstances
When does the government initiate removal proceedings?
- border crossing without valid entry documents
- violating time limits of I-94
- violating the terms of a visa
- employment without authorization
- commission of crime
What can you do for me?
We will appear with you in immigration court during the Master Calendar hearing. During this hearing, we will argue for relief from removal and schedule the case accordingly.
In order to properly plead for relief, you need an experienced immigration attorney to study and analyze your case and fight for you during the Individual Hearing. It is during this Individual Hearing that the immigration judge will decide if the foreign individual may remain in the United States.
If the judge issues a removal order, we may be able to help you with an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Whether your immigration concern is for removal defense or some other issue, you can count on our experience and dedication.
Our immigration law firm can assist you with obtaining permanent residency, citizenship, marriage-based adjustment, work or other type of visas, and asylum. An immigration lawyer can also assist your business immigration issues by obtaining a Professional Foreign Workers Visa (H-1B), a Temporary Visa (H-2B), a Temporary Visitor for Business (B-1), a visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability (O-1), and others.
Contact us for a free initial consultation about immigration removal.
- E-1 Treaty Trader
- E-2 Treaty Investor
- E-3 Specialty Occupation
- H-1B Specialty Occupations
- H-2A Temporary Agricultural
- H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural
- H-3 Trainee
- I Visa Foreign Media
- L-1A Intracompany Transferee
- L-1B Intracompany Transferee
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability
- P-1A Athletic Performance
- P-1B Entertainment
- P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Program
- P-3 Artist Visa
- Q Cultural Exchange
- R-1 Religious Workers
- TN NAFTA Professional
- EB-1A Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1B Outstanding Professor
- EB-1C Multinational Manager or Executive
- EB-2 National Interest Waiver
- EB-3 Visas
- EB-4 Special Immigrants
- EB-5 Investor Visa