TN NAFTA Professional Non-immigrant Visa | Alexandria Immigration Law Firm

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

A non-immigrant visa grants you temporary stay in the United States. When your visa expires, you must leave the United States unless you have applied for Legal Permanent Residency. 

This visa is for citizens of Canada and Mexico. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between the United States, Canada and Mexico made this visa possible. Canadian and Mexican citizens, working as professionals in the business world, can now seek entry into the United States. Our business immigration law firm represents employers and workers in determining whether TN is the best option.

You can count on us to accurately complete the application process and address all of your concerns. Contact us to schedule a consultation.

What We Can Do For You

The TN Visa application process is not as complicated as the H-1B Visa but there are significant aspects of the process that our skilled attorneys must carefully review. We will help determine whether the TN NAFTA Professionals Nonimmigrant visa is the best option available given the employment position at issue. It is also important to examine specific applications for possible pitfalls and considering a possible adjustment of status as a viable alternative. Contact us for more information about a specific case.

Mitchell & Serrano work alongside global companies to help employers streamline the application process and to ensure you get the professional expertise you deserve.

TN Nafta Professionals

Is there a cap on TN NAFTA Professionals Nonimmigrant visas?

The government does not cap or limit the numbers of TN NAFTA Professionals Nonimmigrant visas it issues each year.

How Long Can You Stay in the U.S. with a TN Visa?

Three years. However, you can seek to extend your stay without leaving the U.S.  Your employer can file an I-129 if you are in the U.S.  If you leave the U.S. before visa expiration, then you must re-apply. Call us for more information.

What are the qualifications for the TN NAFTA Professionals Nonimmigrant Visa?

  • Canadian or Mexican citizen
  • Profession found in NAFTA regulations
  • The job in the U.S. must be filled by a NAFTA professional
  • Pre-arranged job with a U.S. employer
  • Applicant must meet qualifications of the profession

Total Dedication

Whether you are interested in the TN NAFTA Professionals Nonimmigrant visa or you have another concern, you can count on our experience and dedication.

Please contact us for more information about your case so that we may determine and then pursue your best option.

With our firm on your side, you will have an immigration lawyer directly available to you so contact us to schedule a consultation.

Which Forms Are Submitted for the TN Visa?

  • I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker
  • DS-160 Online Application for a Non-Immigrant Visa
  • I-94 for Spouses and Dependent Children of Mexican citizens