Washington DC Green Card Law Firm

When you become a Legal Permanent Resident you receive the well-known “Green Card” as a form of identification.  It is valid for 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely. With permanent residency you may lawfully remain in the United States, seek employment and travel freely. 

Obtaining a green card is accomplished in several ways.









Obtaining Permanent Residency Through Employment

“Employment-based” immigration is a common method by which one can obtain a green card.  For example, you can achieve status as a Legal Permanent Resident with the following types of visas:

EB-1: Extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or athletics; or an outstanding professor or researcher; a foreign manager or executive transferring to the United States

EB-2: At least a master’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree); or have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) plus 5 years of work experience; or Have exceptional ability in sciences, arts or business.

EB-3 Category-Professionals & Skilled Workers

  • minimum 2 years of work experience; or
  • minimum two-year associate’s degree (or foreign equivalent degree);or
  • received a higher degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree).
  • Unskilled Workers: any person that does not qualify for any other EB category.

EB-4 Category

You must have been a religious worker for at least 2 years and:

  • Be a minister or priest; or
  • Be a professional worker with a bachelor’s degree; or
  • Be in a religious vocation

EB-5 Category

(visit our EB-5 page for additional information)

To qualify, you must:

Invest at least $900,000 in a Regional Center; or

Invest at least $1.8 million in another business or investment.

Call our firm for additional information.  We offer a free initial consultation.  Contact us at 202-330-6290 or info@serranolegal.com.